Have to smile at this because Msoft has eliminated most problems
whereas the motor industry is still telling us why it can’t!
At Tuesday, 12 August 2014,
Windows vs. Ford Motor Co.
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the
way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared
the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, “If Ford
had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we
would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.
In response to Bill’s comments, Ford issued a press release
If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be
driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason what so ever, your car would crash……… twice
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have
to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason.
You would have to pull to the side, close all of the windows, shut
off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could
continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would
cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case
you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was
reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive – but would
run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would
all be replaced by a single “This Car Has Performed An Illegal
Operation” warning light.
7. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you
out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the
door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
8. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to
learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls
would operate in the same manner as the old car.
9. You’d have to press the “Start” button to turn the engine off.
10. The airbag system would ask, “Are you sure?” before deploying.
PS – I’d like to add that when all else fails, you could
call”customer service” in some foreign country and be instructed in
some foreign language how to fix your car yourself!
Blogger Barry: Thanks for your time. Hope you enjoyed. Please
use the comment and follow buttons.
Barry Blomkamp Nd. Bsc (UL)
Professional Public Speaker, Trainer and Corporate Entertainer,
Motivational speaker, Guest & Key note speaker, Seminar &
Conference speaker, Team Builder, Comedian, Master of Ceremonies,
For your Strategic Planning sessions, Management or Sales meetings,
Conferences and/or Seminars, Award functions, Year end parties,
Cape Town, South Africa.