A traditional South African braai is not complete without garlic
bread on the side. Instead of buying it, attempt this recipe that
is sure to leave your guests wanting more.
* 3 cups self-rising cake flour
* Half cup sugar
* 340 ml Castle Lite beer
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* half cup bacon (chopped)
* 1 table spoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon parsley
* Quarter cup butter (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 190c degrees.
2. In a large bowl, gently stir together the flour,
sugar, and beer until it is combined. Then gently stir in the
cheese, bacon, garlic powder, and parsley.
3. Pour the batter into a greased bread pan.
4. Pour the melted butter on top of the batter.
5. Cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick
inserted into the bread comes out clean.
Let the bread cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Blogger Barry: Thanks for your time. Hope you enjoyed. Please
use the comment and follow buttons.
Barry Blomkamp Nd. Bsc (UL)
Professional Public Speaker, Trainer and Corporate Entertainer,
Motivational speaker, Guest & Key note speaker, Seminar &
Conference speaker, Team Builder, Comedian, Master of Ceremonies,
For your Strategic Planning sessions, Management or Sales meetings,
Conferences and/or Seminars, Award functions, Year end parties,
Cape Town, South Africa.